We then had to explore movement blind folded it was really intresting as again you didn't know where you were in the room and I felt as if I could move more freely. I also found that the longer I was blind folded the more confident I felt about moving around the space blind folded. In comparison to when I normal choreographing I am more judgemental as I look at my movements in the mirror to make sure they are precise and fit with my other movements. Moving on we then had to create a short solo still being blindfolded. I found choreographing this easy but we then had to perform them without the blindfold. I found it really hard to remember the sequence of movements as it felt completely different performing it with my eyes open.
We then had to number the movements from 1-8.Inspired by the way Trisha Brown created 'Locus' we the drew a cube and labelled each corner 1-8 as shown below.
We then had to match our number in our sequence to the cube. We had to imagine that the cube was drawn out on the floor and we had to follow its path way to create a developed version of our sort solos. I moulded my solo to the cube by changing air and floor pathways and adding in extra rolls.
Personally I didn't like this method of developing movements as I think that the movements had more clarity before the development. But I did like experimenting with blind folded movements and would try it again when choreographing a piece in the future.
Chloe x
We then had to match our number in our sequence to the cube. We had to imagine that the cube was drawn out on the floor and we had to follow its path way to create a developed version of our sort solos. I moulded my solo to the cube by changing air and floor pathways and adding in extra rolls.
Personally I didn't like this method of developing movements as I think that the movements had more clarity before the development. But I did like experimenting with blind folded movements and would try it again when choreographing a piece in the future.
Chloe x
No comments:
Post a Comment