Saturday, 8 November 2014

Week 5: Space And Shapes

In class today we were exploring the idea of shape. We began by travelling across the space thinking about our body's shape 1.Curved movements traveling across the room in an angle 2.Sharp movements travelling in a curve 3.Small angular movements 4.Big rounded movements. These exercises helped me to explore the different shapes my body can create.

As a group we then started to look at what is negative and positive space. Positive space is the dancer themselves as they are moving and creating energy in the space. Therefore the negative space is all of the surrounding space around the dancer where nothing is happening. To help us grasp this concept we had to get into partners person A. would pick a body shape and person B. would have to fill the negative space around there partner. We then developed this idea of filling the negative space and created a short duet. I was partnered with Beth and we began by just improvising around each other and choosing moments we liked. Once we had the movements we found that it was boring to watch so we added in some fast dynamics transitions which made the duet more interesting to watch.
 
I think if I was given this task again I would want to create a sequence which consisted of more complex movement as a times ours was very simple. I would also add in a few more dynamic changes as after watching it back it was still quite plain. I really liked this class as we were finally able to work with someone as it was nice to bounce ideas off them as every class has consisted of individual solo work.

Chloe x

No comments:

Post a Comment