Thursday, 16 October 2014

Week 2: Rhythm

In my lesson this week we explored different types of rhythm. We started off by thinking about breath rhythm. We created a short sequence of any movement thinking about your breath when moving. As I am asthmatic I am always consciously thinking about my breathing when I am dancing, but in this exercise I used the inhale and exhale to enhance my movement for example to get onto the floor I turned and exhaled as my body moved down then inhaling and rebounding back onto my feet. I really liked this type of rhythm as there was no rush with the movements as breathing is normally a thing that just happens without us realising.

We then looked at Motor Rhythm. This is when you create your own rhythm for example a walking rhythm could be 1,2,1,2 (marching rhythm) then to this rhythm you can enhance it by adding movements which follow the same 1,2,1,2 rhythm. I added in jumps and lunges as they weren't to complex so I could easily hear my 1,2,1,2 marching rhythm. I did find this exercise difficult at first but as soon as you found the rhythm you wanted it was easier to stick too. I also never really think about my own rhythm I normally just associate it with music but I liked the different view as I have never thought about having my own rhythm.

We would have also looked at emotional rhythm but we ran out of time.

Chloe x

No comments:

Post a Comment